Competition for admission to the Veterinary Technology Open Learning program is extremely intensive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Foundations of Mathematics 11 or equivalent, C+ average
- Chemistry 11 or equivalent, C+ average
- Life Sciences 11 (formerly Biology 11) or equivalent, C+ average
- Anatomy and Physiology 12 (formerly Biology 12), Chemistry 12 or Physics 12, C+ average. Note: Anatomy and Physiology 12 or BIOL 0600 is recommended
- English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12 or equivalent, C+ minimum
- Any pre-requisite courses in progress MUST be completed with an official transcript submitted before Nov. 1 of the year prior to the January start date.
- Mature student status does not apply to this program.
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- The student must be familiar with basic word processing, email management (including posting attachments) and internet navigation.
- Must be working in a CVMA accredited veterinary clinic for a minimum of 260 paid hours per semester.
- Completed Clinic Affiliation Form by the clinic and clinical mentor(s)
- Required reference forms
- Other forms as included in the application/registration package
- Submission of Language Proficiency Index results — if applicable
- All recommended vaccinations must be up-to-date including rabies
All required courses and admission documents must be completed and submitted by the application deadline