Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Transfer, Continuing Studies and Extension Programs

Transfer Opportunities

Since TRU is a member of the BC Transfer System, you can take OL credit courses and transfer credit to other post-secondary institutions. Check online admissions and transfer information and with the receiving institution to ensure course transferability. Most OL courses are offered on an open admission and continuous enrolment basis, which means that there are few prerequisites and typically no wait lists. Online course registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Continuing Studies Opportunities: Non-Credit Courses and Programs

You can take OL courses on a non-credit basis, provided that you declare your intention to do so at the time of registration (an "M" grade will appear on your transcript; refer to policy 4.1). Adult Basic Education (ABE) courses and programs are available only on a non-credit basis.

Extension Opportunities

1. Professional Development Courses and Programs

If you have an interest in lifelong learning or want to upgrade your skills and knowledge, you may be interested in OL's courses on ethics, globalization and national and provincial issues. OL also offers seminar courses on topics of current interest (see courses with numbers beginning with 399). Courses are offered on an open admission and continuous enrolment basis. Search TRU-OL Online Services for courses by topics. Online registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

OL's programs are designed for you if you want to learn on a flexible basis or are looking for easily accessible professional development options. See our flexible Certificate in General Studies, Diploma in General Studies, Advanced Certificate in Liberal Arts as well as Health and Nursing certificate programs. TRU-OL also offers a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Liberal Arts, a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Commerce and a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Commerce.

2. Degree Completion

Students who partially or fully completed a trades certification or a certificate, diploma or advanced diploma program should consider applying them toward degree completion programs. TRU-OL's degree programs are organized by program area and are listed on TRU-OL's main Programs page.

Email Student Services for more information.