Event Management Certificate
The Event Management Certificate program is designed to help you acquire the skills necessary to plan and manage festivals and special events; upgrade skills for entering the workforce; and meet your schedule as a full- or part-time learner.
Credit gained through this certificate can be applied toward a diploma in Event Management or a Bachelor of Tourism Management.
A minimum of six TRU credits (distance or on-campus).
18 credits total, with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher over all courses required for this credential, as follows:
General education requirements
Basic computer skills
- CONV 1011, Introduction to Tourism (3)
- CONV 1021, Introduction to Special Event Management (3)
- CONV 1031, Celebrating Community and Culture (3)
- CONV 1041, Event Volunteer Management (3)
- CONV 1051, Legal Liability and Risk Management (3)
- CONV 1061, Event Marketing (3)
Consult with your program advisor to ensure that the courses you select can be applied toward the program requirements of your chosen credential.
Also, before you register in a course not listed on the OL website, you must apply for a letter of permission. Otherwise, you may find that either course credits cannot be applied to your program or you must pay a transcript reassessment fee.