Bachelor of Technology, Trades and Technology Leadership
The Bachelor of Technology, Trades and Technology Leadership (BTTTL) program provides you, a qualified tradesperson or technologist, with the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective team leader, supervisor and manager in changing business and technical environments. Program admission and course registration is continuous.
My OL education will make me better at what I do, as I have learned skills that I am able to bring to the workplace immediately.
Provincial Grade 12 diploma or approved equivalent and Red Seal Trades Qualification or a recognized diploma of technology or equivalent
If you have a recognized four-year trades qualification, you may receive up to 60 PLAR credits toward the 120 credits required for this degree.
To apply to this program, please complete the Program Admission Form.
A minimum of 15 TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
120 credits total, including at least 45 upper-level credits, with a GPA of 2.00 over all courses required to complete this credential, as follows:
Transfer credits (up to 60 credits)
OL determines, based upon your previous qualifications and credentials, the number of credits that you can transfer to this program.
General education requirements (15 credits)
- Three credits in English (ENGL 1001, ENGL 1011, ENGL 1021, ENGL 1031, ENGL 1101)
- Three credits in applied communications (CMNS 1291 or CMNS 1811)
- Three credits in computing science (COMP 1131 or MIST 2611)
- Three credits in natural science (generally, upper-level)
- Three credits in liberal arts or science (generally, upper-level)
Leadership Requirements (18 credits)
- MNGT 1211, Management Principles and Practices (3)
- MNGT 3731, Leadership (3)
- BBUS 4135, Motivation and Productivity (3)
- ORGB 4871, Organizational Development and Change (3)
- LEAD 3511, Occupational Health & Safety Legislations and Standards (3)
- LEAD 4901, Strategic Thinking for Leadership (3)
Elective requirements (27 credits)
At least 12 credits from the following:
- BBUS 3611, Open Thinking (3)
- MNGT 4711, Decision Analysis (3)
- BBUS 3631, Open Communication: Effective Communication Skills (3)
- BBUS 3671, Contemporary Leadership (3)
- BBUS 4833, Effective Leadership (3)
- MNGT 4751, Project Management (6)
15 credits from the following:
- MNGT 3711, Business Ethics and Society (3)
- FNCE 2121, Financial Management (3)
- BBUS 3331, Production and Operations Management (3)
- BBUS 3661, Strategic Human Resource Management (3)
Before registering in any course, consult with your Program Advisor to ensure that the courses you select are appropriate program of study and educational goals. Otherwise, you may find that a course does not meet program requirements and cannot be used toward the program's credential.