Information Technology and Management Diploma
The Information Technology and Management Diploma program supports your academic pursuits if you are a graduate of the OL Certificate in Information Technology program.
- Certificate in Information Technology
- IT or computing certificates with 30 or more transferable credits, including at least 21 credits in IT or related courses
For certificates with less than 30 credits or without key prerequisites, OL may specify that courses, in addition to those required for the diploma, be completed.
A minimum of nine TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
30 credits additional to 30 credits transferred from Certificate in Information Technology or equivalent, with a GPA of 2.00 or higher over all courses required for completion of this credential, as follows:
Core knowledge requirements (12 credits)
- ACCT 2211, Financial Accounting or approved equivalent (3)
- ENGL 1101, Composition or CMNS 1291, Introduction to Professional Writing or CMNS 1811, Business, Professional and Academic Composition or approved equivalent (3)
- MNGT 1221, Supervision or MNGT 1211, Management Principles and Practices (3) or MNGT 2131, Motivation and Productivity or approved equivalent (3)
- ORGB 2811, Organizational Behaviour or approved equivalent (3)
Elective requirements (18 credits)
Three credits of approved electives
Note: The 60 credits required overall for this diploma must include a minimum of six ENGL or CMNS credits and 30 IT and/or computing credits.
Before registering in any course, consult with your Program Advisor to ensure that the courses you select are appropriate program of study and educational goals. Otherwise, you may find that a course does not meet program requirements and cannot be used toward the program's credential.