Program Advisory Committee
TRU advisory committees are composed of between five and twelve members appointed by the Provost and VP Academic in consultation with the faculty dean and department chairperson. Nominations for appointment may be submitted by members of the Board of Governors, current Advisory Committee members or TRU/TRU-OL staff members. Appointees may be drawn from such categories as employers and potential employers of program graduates; persons working in program-related occupations or professions; professionals; trade and business organization representatives; students; and staff from other post secondary institutions.
The role of the Medical Laboratory Assistant Program Advisory Committee includes advising TRU (including OL) on the need for revisions to the program content and on current and projected demand for program graduates. The committee also advises the department on the degree to which the program fulfills the needs of employers and assists in program promotion and the development of links with business, industry and other institutions.
Currently, the Medical Laboratory Assistant Program Advisory Committee is composed of:
- David Sheets: Academic Coordinator; Health Sciences - Open Learning division
Dean's representative email@example.com Phone: 250-828-5465
- Kimberley King: Program Administrator, Science – Open Learning division
MLA Program coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 250-852-7235
- Mitzi McFarlane: Team Leader, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Nanaimo BC, Vancouver Island Health Authority). email@example.com 250-755-7691 extension 52296
- Rod Loveys: Laboratory Operations Manager, Eastern Health NF. firstname.lastname@example.org Carbonear NL. 709-945-5132
- Trudy Handy: Technical Manager, Laboratory Client and Support Centre. Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (Halifax, NS. Central Zone) email@example.com 902-473-6426
For more information, comments or suggestions, contact the Program Administrator, Science.