Program Advisory Committee
TRU advisory committees are composed of between five and twelve members appointed by the Provost and VP Academic in consultation with the faculty dean and department chairperson. Nominations for appointment may be submitted by members of the Board of Governors, current Advisory Committee members or TRU/TRU-OL staff members. Appointees may be drawn from such categories as employers and potential employers of program graduates; persons working in program-related occupations or professions; professionals; trade and business organization representatives; students; and staff from other post secondary institutions.
The role of the Medical Laboratory Assistant National Certificate Program Advisory Committee includes advising TRU (including OL) on the need for revisions to the program content and on current and projected demand for program graduates. The committee also advises the department on the degree to which the program fulfills the needs of employers and assists in program promotion and the development of links with business, industry and other institutions.
Currently, the Medical Laboratory Assistant National Certificate program advisory committee is composed of:
- David Sheets: Academic Coordinator; Health Sciences - Open Learning division
Dean's representative DSheets@tru.ca Phone: 250-828-5465
- Jean Crowe: Program Administrator, Science – Open Learning division
MLA Program coordinator JCrowe@tru.ca 250-852-7235
- Kim Birk: Operations Supervisor, Core Lab (Royal Inland Hospital, Kamloops BC. Interior Health) Kim.Birk@interiorhealth.ca 250-314-2645. Current Chair
- Lynn Simpson: Chief Technologist (Quesnel BC, Northern Health Authority) Lynn.Simpson@northernhealth.ca 250-985-5683
- Cara Clower: Interior Health Lab Student Coordinator (Kelowna BC) Cara.Clower@interiorhealth.ca 250-862-4300 ext 7396
- Mitzi McFarlane: Team Leader, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Nanaimo BC, Vancouver Island Health Authority). Mitzi.McFarlane@viha.ca 250-755-7691 extension 52296
- Rod Loveys: Laboratory Operations Manager, Eastern Health NF. Rod.Loveys@easternhealth.ca Carbonear NL. 709-945-5132
- Adam Hardy: Point-of-care Testing/LIS Coordinator (Colchester East Hants Health Center, Truro NS. Nova Scotia Health Authority). Adam.firstname.lastname@example.org 902-893-5554 ext 42923
For more information, comments or suggestions, contact the Program Administrator, Science.