Information for Preceptors of the MLA NCP
This section of the website is specifically for preceptors, not for students.
TRU Open Learning commends all of our clinical site preceptors. You provide opportunities that make the experiences possible for our students!
Your willingness to mentor students is one of the highest forms of professionalism. As a clinical preceptor, you become a facilitator, educator, expert and role model as they prepare for their future role as MLAs. Our students benefit from your knowledge, expertise, confidence, dedication and leadership skills. Thank you!
This page is only for preceptors. It contains information on site selection criteria, the assessment tool, and preceptor training information and requirements.
We hope you find the information on these pages helpful and beneficial. If there is anything we can do to clarify expectations, please contact the Program Administrator, Science.
- Preceptor Handbook (PDF, 608 KB)
- Site Selection Criteria and Requirements
- 2A Preceptor Requirements Checklist (PDF, 49 KB)
- 2B Overview of Clinical/Practicum Placement Sites (Form 3) (PDF, 92 KB)
- 2C MDLB 1991 Evaluator Letter (PDF, 65 KB)
- Clinical Assessment Tool
- MDLB 1991 Competency Manual (PDF, 1,469 KB)
- Introductory Activities for Practicum
- 3A Introductory Skill – Training Activities Explanation (PDF, 50 KB)
- 3B Introductory Skill – Training Activities 1 and 2 Lesson Plan (PDF, 58 KB)
- 3C Introductory Skill – Training Activity 3 Lesson Plan (PDF, 264 KB)
- 3D Introductory Skill – Training Activities 1 and 2 Checklist (PDF, 54 KB)
- 3E Introductory Skill – Training Activity 3 Checklist (PDF, 43 KB)
- Preceptor Train-the-Trainer Requirements and Resource
If you are interested in precepting our MLA students and meet the stated criteria, please contact the Program Administrator, Science.
In the event of an incident or accident immediately contact the Program Administrator; also, complete and submit your own institutional and provincial incident report forms.