Program Advisory Committee
TRU advisory committees are composed of between five and twelve members appointed by the Provost and VP Academic in consultation with the faculty dean and department chairperson. Nominations for appointment may be submitted by members of the Board of Governors, current Advisory Committee members or TRU/TRU-OL staff members. Appointees may be drawn from such categories as employers and potential employers of program graduates; persons working in program-related occupations or professions; professionals; trade and business organization representatives; students; and staff from other post-secondary institutions.
The role of the Anesthesia Assistant Program Advisory Committee includes advising TRU and TRU-OL on the need for revisions to the program content and on current and projected demand for program graduates. The committee also advises the department on the degree to which the program fulfills the needs of employers and assists in program promotion and the development of links with business, industry and other institutions.
Currently, the Anesthesia Assistant Program Advisory Committee is composed of:
- Dr Brian Brownbridge: Assistant Professor and Executive Director Health Quality, Dept of Anesthesiology, Univ of Sask and SK Health Region; Co-Director Medical Simulation, Univ of Sask; Western Canadian Representative Specialty Committee, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Dr Hamed Umedaly: Head of Department of Anesthesia, Vancouver General Hospital
- Dr Roanne Preston: MD, FRCPC, Department Head Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Division Head Obstetric Anesthesia, UBC
- Dr Matthew Klas: MD, FRCPC, Clinical Associate Professor Anesthesiology UBC Residency Program Director, Director of Perioperative Echocardiography The Heart Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
- Dr. Kallie E.J. Honeywood, MD, FRCPC. President, British Columbia Anesthesiologists' Society (BCAS)
- Rick Paradis: RRT(AA), Charge Therapist RT / AA, Mount Sinai Hospital, ON
- Michael Giesbrecht RRT, BHS, EMBA: Professional Practice and Integration, Fraser Health Authority
- Sean Hardiman MHA, CHE, FACHE, PCP: Director, Clinical Operations, Surgical Services – Fraser Health Authority
- Peter Triantafillou: TRU Graduate - Atlantic Health Sciences, St John, NB
- Candina Thompson: TRU Graduate - Saskatoon City Hospital & St Paul's Hospital, Saskatoon, SK
- Peter Baxter: TRU Graduate – BC Children's Hospital, Vancouver BC
- Catie Fissel: Current TRU Student - BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver BC
For more information, comments or suggestions, contact the Program Administrator, Science.