Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 1
The Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 1 provides you, a small business owner/operator, with the essential skills and competitive strategies to help your enterprise thrive.
Increase your entrepreneurial competency and your bottom line.
A minimum of six TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
15 credits, with a miniumum GPA of 2.00 (C average) over all courses required to complete this credential, as follows:
Core knowledge requirements (12 credits)
- MNGT 1221, Supervision (3)
- ACCT 1211, Accounting I (3)
- MNGT 1711, Introduction to Business (3)
- MKTG 2431, Marketing (3)
Elective requirements (3 credits)
Three credits from the following electives:
- MATH 1091, Business Mathematics (3)
- MNGT 1211, Management Principles and Practices (3)
- MIST 2611, Management Information Systems (3)
- HRMN 2821, Human Resource Management (3)
- BLAW 2911, Commercial Law (3)
- BBUS 3331, Introduction to Production and Operations Management (3)
- MKTG 3451, Professional Selling (3)
- MKTG 4431, Retail Marketing (3)
- MKTG 4451, E-Commerce (3)
- ENTR 4751, New Venture Creation (3)
Consult with your program advisor to ensure that the courses you select can be applied toward the program requirements of your chosen credential.
Also, before you register in a course not listed on the OL website, you must apply for a letter of permission. Otherwise, you may find that either course credits cannot be applied to your program or you must pay a transcript reassessment fee.