This page allows you to understand Academic Integrity on behalf of Student Affairs. Learn more about Academic Integrity as it pertains to TRU Senate at the Senate webpage.
“Thompson Rivers University (TRU) students are required to comply with the standards of academic integrity set out in this policy.
It is the responsibility of TRU employees to take reasonable steps to prevent and to detect acts of academic dishonesty. It is an instructor's responsibility to confront a student when such an act is suspected and to take appropriate action if academic dishonesty, in the opinion of the instructor, has occurred.” - Student Academic Integrity, TRU Policy ED 5-0.
Best Practices in Writing Assignments
Learn more about how you as a student can ensure you're meeting academic integrity requirements in your writing with this infographic.
The Academic Integrity Committee (AIC) and Student Affairs supports
The purpose of the AIC is to:
- review the Academic Integrity Policy and make recommendations for change
- to administer the Academic Integrity Policy by making decisions on cases which have been referred to the committee
- to review cases as necessary
- to provide reports to VP Academic and the Office of Student Affairs at the end of September, January and May. These reports will be anonymous and are to be used to provide the institution with an overall picture of Academic Integrity at TRU.
- to provide education to faculty, staff and administration regarding the implementation of the Academic Integrity Policy
- In addition, the AIC also:
o supports students and faculty members during the Academic Integrity case process
o assists department events on Academic Integrity
o presents in-class workshops on Academic Integrity
o conducts research on Academic Integrity and policies
o coordinates campus-wide learning opportunities on Academic Integrity
Learn more at the TRU Senate page.
Academic Integrity policies
Case process for cases related to Academic Integrity
Learn more by reading through this infographic.
Old Main 1631