Parent and Family Orientation
Parent and Family Orientation has been cancelled for fall 2018 due to unforseen circumstances. We are very sorry for this inconvience. If you have any questions regarding parent information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The start of university is an exciting time not only for new students, but also for their parents and family. Whether it’s the first or fifth family member to take this step, each time is different. Families have many hopes concerns, and questions about their students’ journey at university.
Parent and Family Orientation is a fun and informative introduction to campus resources and a great way to explore support for your student. Whether you’re a parent, spouse, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or sibling of a new TRU student, you are part of the community that promotes student success at TRU.
Here are some of the sessions we will be offering:
- Commuter Student- Living at home and living on your own
- Residence Experience
- Financing your education
- What to expect from TRU as your student starts first year
- Academic expectations, resources and support for your student
- Student well-being: physical, mental, and emotional health
- Thompson Rivers Student Union
- Navigating a degree towards a career path