Our goal is to support TRU students to become better, more confident writers. We collaborate with students, tutors, faculty, community, and writing centre professionals to encourage the development of writing skills and inquiry.
To achieve this, we:
- deliver feedback on writing of all types and levels in a safe, non-judgmental space
- provide resources and writing tips in various formats and through social media
- facilitate tutor training designed for both face-to-face and online appointments and guide tutors to reflect on their practice
- offer leadership training and skills enhancement for all tutors
- collaborate with faculty to support writers by mentoring and tutoring students to suit individual needs
- work within TRU to support students and guide them to other supports as is deemed fit
- inform practice with current scholarship
- contribute to writing centre pedagogy and research
- maintain an active role in the local, regional, national and international professional communities of writing centre practice.