Provincial Sector Guidelines
Safety protocols for various industry sectors have been published by WorkSafe BC to guide safe work plans for a return to operations. We are also guided by the Go Forward Guidelines for B.C. post-secondary institutions.
TRU’s institutional safety plan aligns with WorkSafe BC’s overall safety plan requirements. Our standardized safety plan templates also incorporate this information.
If your service or operation at TRU falls into one or more of the industries listed below, your safety plans must consider and include both TRU’s safety protocols (as described on this website) as well as those of your applicable sector.
Note: The sector protocols published on the WorkSafe BC website may also contain links to additional resources that reference safety requirements from the public health officer, BC Centre for Disease Control, related industries or a professional college. Please ensure that you review all applicable requirements in developing your safety plan.
- Post-secondary institutions
- Offices – academic and administrative
- Health care
- Health professions
- In-person counselling
- Child care and day camps
- Athletics and recreation facilities
- Restaurants, cafes, and pubs
- Personal services
- Art galleries, museums, movie theatres and libraries
- Motion picture, television and theatre production
- Parks and outdoor spaces
- Hotels and accommodations
- Community social services (non-residential)
- Faith-based organizations
- Gyms and fitness centres
- Performing arts
- Sports and recreation