Confirming Daily Health Checks
Each department/unit lead is responsible for setting up a health screening confirmation process that works for your area. Confirmations can be done verbally, in writing or virtually. To help you get started, we have provided some options and resources below.
The new confirmation process does not apply to faculty and staff who continue to work remotely or students coming to campus to study or for class. Instructors are welcome to add this step to their in-person teachings, but it is not requirement at this time.
Implementing a daily health check confirmation process
Step 1 – Department/units choose and implement daily health check confirmation process
For departments and units that have members regularly coming to campus, it is the lead’s responsibility to implement a daily health check confirmation process. There are options below on how to manage these confirmations and each unit can decide which works best.
The department/unit lead can receive the confirmations or designate someone else (e.g. assistant dean, department assistant).
Leads or designates are responsible for communicating the confirmation process to appropriate individuals in your area who work on campus.
Options to manage your areas’ health check confirmation:
- Supervisor emails team to outline process (sample email)
- Individuals submit written daily health check confirmation via email (sample email)
- Individuals submit written daily health check confirmation by filling our form at work (sample form)
- Individuals submit online daily health check confirmation by completing a form on MS Teams (instructions)
- Individuals confirm their daily health check verbally via phone or virtual meeting
At this time, TRU is not required to submit or share any of the information collected on behalf of departments, but we must have a process in place to confirm the daily health checks have taken place.
Step 2 – Faculty, staff and employed students follow their areas’ process each day before arriving on campus
Faculty, staff and employed students are only allowed to be on campus if they have completed and passed the daily health check. You can use the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool or review this poster. You must answer ‘no’ to all of the questions to pass the daily health check.
After completing the daily health check, faculty, staff or employed students must confirm with their supervisor or designate that they have completed and passed the daily health check. Otherwise, the individual is not permitted to work on campus and must return or stay at home. If they have not already done so, they should, complete the BC COVID-19 self-assessment and call 8-1-1 if they would like to discuss their results.
Your supervisor will confirm the process for your area.
Resources for daily health check confirmations
- Daily health screening poster to make available in your area.
- Sample email from supervisor to team to advise of their area’s process.
- Sample email that individual can send to supervisor or designate.
- Form to make available in hard copy in department/unit.
- Instructions to setup an MS Teams form to collect daily confirmations.