All employees, students and visitors are expected to follow the well-established hygiene practices to minimize the spread of COVID-19 while on campus. This includes:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. Wash your hands after touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, etc.
- Wash your hands before and after eating.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Reminders to wash hands regularly are communicated on various university media, and standard signage is installed in every washroom.
If a washroom or sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs can be used to clean your hands as long as they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, use a wipe and then an alcohol-based hand rub to effectively clean them.
Hand sanitizer stations have been located throughout most campus buildings to encourage hand hygiene when entering a building. The university will be increasing the number of stations in anticipation of increased occupancy levels in the fall.
Units that require portable hand sanitizer bottles for client-facing services (reception areas, transaction counters, food services, etc.) or other tasks where hand-washing facilities are not readily available, may purchase them through Facilities.