Food and Beverage
The TRU Conference Centre is following all current Gatherings and Events Provincial Public Health Orders. If you have questions regarding the current restrictions, please contact your event coordinator.
2021 Catering Menu
2020/2021 Catering Menu - Valid until June 2021
** Pricing is subject to change** - Please inquire for 2021 catering menu pricing.
The Conference Centre will be the sole provider of all food and beverage, with the exception of specialty wedding cakes and cupcakes that have been prepared by a baker with Food Safe Certification.
TRU Conference Centre is happy to accommodate requests for all allergies and will make special meals when requests are made a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to the wedding. Extra fees may apply.
For your budgeting purposes, we recommend the following when doing your calculations:
- Cocktail receptions should allow for a minimum of 3-5 pieces of appetizers per person for each hour of the reception. Appetizers are to be ordered in a minimum of 3 dozen per selection.
- One bottle of champagne serves 6 champagne flutes.
- One bottle of wine serves 5 glasses. We recommend 2 bottles for tables of 8 guests.
- Entrée selections: choose a minimum of one for your buffet.
- Salads and pairings: choose two to four for your buffet.
- Pasta selections: choose one or two for your buffet.
- Desserts: if you are not having a traditional cake or cupcakes, please choose from our dessert selections.
- Coffee & Tea: choose to add non-alcoholic beverages on a station in the room.
- Late night snack: we recommend ordering for no more than 50% of your total guest count. Snacks should be served approx. 3-4 hours after dinner, no later than 10:45 p.m.