International Students

International students are an important part of the TRU community and we understand the unique set of opportunities you face when exploring career options.

Career and Experiential Learning offers individual career coaching. Please contact us to make a free appointment.

Working in Canada

International Students in Canada may work on or off campus without a work permit if they meet the eligibility requirements of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Social Insurance Number

Anyone who works in Canada must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) in order to legally be permitted to work and to have access to government programs and benefits. For more information on SIN cards, visit Service Canada. For more information on the code of practice, visit SIN Holders’ Responsibilities.

Search To Top