Career Planning and Development
Updated Aug. 31, 2020 (COVID Information/Update)
- The Coordinators in the Career & Experiential Learning office are available for virtual appointments only and you will be able to schedule meeting times through Career Connections. If you are having difficulty scheduling appointments, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a time for you. Once your appointment has been made in Career Connections, the Coordinator will be in touch with you to set up a phone or web conference call.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and the impacts to TRU, please visit tru.ca/covid19.
Get the skills, documents and confidence you need to succeed. We help you build resumés, cover letters and portfolios — and provide free one-on-one career development support.
- Resumé review
- Cover letter review
- Interview practice and support
- Assistance with job search process
- Labour market information for your discipline
Career assessment tools
- Career mapping
- Myers Briggs Personality Career Assessment (available upon request)
- Strong Interest Inventory Career Assessment (available upon request)
Advanced career planning
- Support for changing careers
- Support for individuals entering labour market for the first time
- Support for mid-career individuals within current organization or planning to move to new organization