Apply Now for Co-operative Education
How to Apply - It's Easy and Free!
*International students please see below
- Print and complete the Application Package or get a paper copy from the Career Education Office in OM 1712.
- Return the application to OM1712 with any supporting documents, or email the completed application to email@example.com.
What's included in the application
A letter of application (400 words max) which outlines your:
- Career goals, learning objectives and how a Co-op Work Term will further your career
- Experience, both volunteer and paid
- Background, relevant to your program area (eg. Business, Geography, Geology, computing, etc)
- Commitment to completing the Co-op Program, if accepted
A copy of your current resumé including the names of three references.
A copy of your TRU transcript (an unofficial copy from myTRU is acceptable).
- If you transferred credits from another institution, include this transcript.
- First year BNRS students must also submit a copy of their high school transcript.
Copies of any other supporting documents you consider relevant to your application, such as letters of reference, and awards and scholarship letters.
International students transferring to TRU from outside of Canada who are attending post-secondary education for the first time (i.e. no previous post-secondary education in their home country) are required to complete a minimum of two academic years at TRU before they are eligible to apply for their first Co-op work term.
International students transferring to TRU from another post-secondary institute are required to complete a minimum of two academic semesters at TRU before they are eligible to apply for their first Co-op work term.
This allows students time to adjust to their studies, community and culture. International students work-term success rate increases when given the time to adjust.
To accommodate our International students, the Career Education Department now offers the required pre-work term COOP 1000 course sections in the Fall, Winter and Summer semesters.