Faculty and Staff
How will I recognize behaviours that may act as barriers to academic success?
Behaviours may include:
- habitual tardiness
- unexplained absences
- difficulty completing work on time
- low quiz or assignment grades
- excessive in-class sleepiness
- social isolation
- changes in behavior
Early Alert is not an emergency service
In the event of an emergency requiring police, ambulance or fire services, call 911 immediately.
How does Early Alert work?
- A staff or faculty member notices a student in difficulty and contacts the Early Alert office.
- Early Alert communicates with the student to offer optional, confidential support.
- Early Alert meets with the student to assess the student's needs and connect them to TRU resources or support services.
- Contact with unresponsive students is discontinued after 2 attempts. Referrers are notified regarding the level of responsiveness of the student.
Contact Early Alert: 250-828-5213 | email@example.com