This photo ID is used for:
- Accessing library services
- Obtaining the TRUSU UPASS
- Identification in a variety of ways on campus
- Student discounts at merchants throughout Kamloops
We can prepare your card any time, but it can only be issued after your course registration is complete.
Two ways to get your Campus Card
» Send us your selfie
So that we can have your TRU Campus Card ready when you arrive on campus, we ask that you send us your ID photo now. Your TRU Campus Card will be ready for pickup within one day at the TRUSU desk in the CAC. You will need to show one other form of photo ID in order to receive your card. You can access a list of acceptable forms of photo ID in the Cardholder Agreement.
How to send your photo
- Log into your mytru account and open your email.
- Create an email to send to email@example.com.
- Write your full name and TRU ID number in the subject line of the email.
- Attach your jpg file.
- Hit send.
- Check for a confirmation email from us. This email will include a Cardholder Agreement and instructions on when and where to pick up your new Campus Card. Be sure to read it so that you understand how your card may be used. You will sign this agreement when you pick up your card.
- If we have any problems using your photo, we will email you within a week. Please check back into your email to ensure everything is fine.
» Visit the Campus Card booth in the Bookstore
Do your selfie skills need work? No problem! We can take your picture for you and process your card in the Bookstore.
Card processing at TRU Bookstore
|Monday – Friday||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
Card pickup and UPASS activation at TRUSU members' service desk in the Campus Activity Centre
|Monday – Friday||8 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
You need to have an activated UPASS in order for the card to be used on BC Transit and at the TCC. This must be activated every semester.
You may go the Bookstore for Campus Card production. Or, you can send in your selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org and pick up your card at the TRUSU Members' Services Desk in the CAC.
You may go to the TRUSU Members' Services Desk in the CAC for UPASS activation (see hours below). All students need to have their UPASS activated each semester in order for them to be used on BC Transit and at the TCC.