Graduation & Convocation
All TRU students must apply to graduate in order to receive their credentials. This is different from attending the convocation ceremonies for which you also have to register. You can apply at any time through myTRU.
There are two deadlines to apply to graduate:
- June ceremony: You must apply by March 31 if you wish to convocate at the June ceremony.
- October ceremony: You must apply by July 31 if you wish to convocate at the October ceremony.
If you are not able to attend convocation, you can arrange to pick up your credential at the Registrar's Office or have it mailed to your home address.
Apply to graduate
Ensure your information is correct
View your personal and program information in myTRU to ensure it is correct before you submit your application to graduate.
- Name changes: You must provide the Registrar's Office with official documentation showing a name change.
- Address changes: You can update your address though myTRU.
- Program changes or additions (including majors and minors): contact your program advisor.
To register for Convocation, check the RSVP for Convocation box while completing these steps.
Check the status of your application
Once you have applied, you may check back later and view the status of your application. It can take up to six weeks for decisions to be posted.
Graduation from your program depends on a number of items
- Application to graduate was submitted on time (see Dates & Deadlines)
- All coursework is completed by the end of the Winter term (for June Convocation) or by the end of Summer term (for October Convocation)
- All fees owing (finance, library, etc.) are paid in full
- All term marks are input into the student record system
- Your program advisor, chairperson or program coordinator has approved your program completion