Awards and Scholarships
There are many awards available to SOBE students — some you have to apply for, and some you are nominated for by your instructor.
- KPMG - $5000 plus interview opportunity upon graduation
- TransCanada Empower Communities Scholarships
- TRU Student Awards & Financial Aid
- TRU Awards Directory
- TRU Entrance Scholarships
- Awards External to TRU
For more information about TRU awards and scholarships, contact Student Awards & Financial Aid.
Student Scholars to Business Scholarship
This unique partnership connects forward-thinking businesses with TRU Business students. KPMG offers a scholarship to second-year, third-year and fourth-year Bachelor of Business Administration students, and first-year and second-year Post-Baccalaureate students. Applications open January 1 each year and close March 11.
KPMG Scholars to Business Scholarship
Are you an Accounting Major or plan to Major in Accounting?
This is your chance to receive a $5000 award! The application is easy to fil out and we strongly encourage you to apply.
The recipient will be selected based on their GPA (3.0 or above), attitude, achievements, and leadership potential. The successful recipient will also be presented with an interview opportunity with KPMG upon receipt of the award.
Award value: $5,000 plus interview opportunity upon graduation
- Open to Canadian residents or permanent landed immigrants
- Open to second-year, third-year, and fourth-year Bachelor of Business Administration students (Accounting Major)
- Open to first-year and second-year Post-Baccalaureate Accounting students
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Deadline to apply: Applications due by 12:00 pm, March 11
How to apply: Submit a completed application form
For more information about Student Scholars to Business Scholarships, contact SoBE Advising Office at or 250-828-5060.