Boost your career by becoming a Student Ambassador
Are you passionate about storytelling, creating digital content, and connecting with the academic and business community at TRU? The TRU School of Business and Economics (aka. SoBE) is looking for students to help increase awareness of all the incredible things our students, alumni, and faculty do, around the world. We welcome diverse perspectives, therefore students from all majors who are active on social media, and interested in research and creating compelling content, are invited to apply.
You’re our ears on the ground
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we learn, teach, research, and do business. As an active and engaged student, we’re looking to you to help us share these changing experiences through social media, blogging, photography, video, and more.
You’re ready to gain valuable work experience
Get ahead of the competition by gaining real-world marketing and communications experience. You’ll be helping us find the best stories to inspire our community, and you’ll be working closely with our communications team to implement a strategy to increase awareness of and engagement with the School of Business and Economics. You’ll also use your networking skills to build and strengthen our relationships with TRU organizations and the local business community.
Who you are
Connected: You’re an involved member of the TRU community and you’ve found creative, safe ways to expand your network and stay in touch despite social distancing.
Enthusiastic: People like to hear what you have to say, and you’re excited about helping others achieve their goals. You’re passionate about the future of business.
Resourceful: You’re an excellent problem-solver and don’t rely on a lot of direction. If there’s something you don’t know, you can figure out what to learn or who to ask.
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion: You embrace diversity of thought and people, and you recognize TRU campuses are on the traditional and unceded territory of the Secwépemc.
Detail-oriented: You double-check everything before you click publish. You’re conscientious about the words you use and the subjects of your photographs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a full-time student (minimum of nine credits) at TRU for the semester appointed as an Ambassador.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average at TRU of 2.50
- Able to commit to a max. of 10 hours per week in the semester term, including virtual meetings
- Active social media presence and experience with digital publishing platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube. Bonus if you are active on WeChat.
- Ability to identify and track relevant social media metrics
- Basic knowledge of graphic design, photography and video production
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Project management skills such as organization, file and document management
- Financial award
- Increase exposure to TRU faculty, alumni, and the business community
- Professional development
- Resumé-building experience that you can share with employers
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop your personal brand
- Recommendation letter upon request
- Exposure to communications strategy and new platforms through practice and training
- Make an impact as a voice of TRU and influence prospective students’ decision to apply and attend TRU.
Applications are now closed
The application deadline for the Winter 2021 semester closed January 3, 2021. Follow SoBE on social media for future opportunities! Questions can be directed to Rikki Ayers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brand Ambassador Application
The deadline has passed, and this form is no longer available.