Do you spend hours on social media? Are you passionate about the TRU School of Business and Economics? Our marketing and communications team is looking for students to help take our platforms to the next level! Students from all majors who are interested in social media, blogging, video production, marketing, photography and event planning are invited to apply.
As a brand ambassador, you will:
- Maintain a personal presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and be comfortable responding to inquiries, questions and discussions as directed by the digital content manager (i.e. hashtags, branded pages, and incoming student groups).
- Blog monthly. Blogs must be authentic and focus on the experience.
- Regularly produce various content types (social media posts, blogs, emails, infographics, videos, etc.) to be distributed on various channels and newsletters.
- Attend and promote events through social media.
- Attend a one-on-one meeting with the digital content manager once a month.
- Create a video and/or photo album once a semester. Assets may be created individually or in teams.
- Use your existing connections and your networking skills to build and strengthen our partnership with clubs and other organizations on campus.
- Use your design skills to come up with compelling graphics that could be shared on social media
- Connected: You’re an involved member of the campus community and you consistently look for opportunities to expand your network even further.
- Enthusiastic: You get so excited about helping students achieve their goials that others naturally buy into what you are saying. You can captivate your audience with your excitement and your expertise, making you a great presenter.
- Resourceful: You’re quick, clever and solution-oriented. You can take information and run with it — you don’t rely on a lot of direction.
- Self-motivated: You’re comfortable working independently and can motivate yourself to accomplishing anything. You’re great at managing your time and are committed to completing your tasks.
- A social influencer: You love using social media and you believe that it’s a great way to enage students with information they need. You’re excited to use social media to interact with your peers about their educational goals in an authentic way.
Skills and qualifications
- Must be a full-time student (minimum of nine credits) at TRU for the semester appointed as a social media ambassador
- Must have a cumulative grade point average at TRU of 2.50
- Able to commit to 10 hours per week in the semester term
- Experience with digital publishing platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Ability to identify and track relevant social media analytics
- Hootsuite certification
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Proficient in using social media scheduling and reporting tools (i.e. Hootsuite)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills for quick content generation on the fly
- Able to work with minimum supervision, in small groups, or in a team environment
- Project management skills such as organization, attention to detail and event planning
- Financial award
- Professional development
- Resumé-building experience that can be shared with employers.
- Opportunity to establish and/or further develop online personal branding.
- Recommendation letter upon request.
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training.
- Be a voice of the university and drive engagement amongst online audiences.
- Influence a prospective student’s decision to apply and attend TRU.
Deadline for applications is April 14, 2019
Brand Ambassador Application