An acceptable three or four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.33 or local equivalent) in the last 60 credits.
Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree at an English language university in a country where English is the primary language must have one of the following:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 587 with a TWE of 5.0 or higher (paper-based test), or minimum score of 94 with no section below 20 (IBT), or
- a minimum academic IELTS score of at least 7.0 (with no band below 6.5), or
- completion of TRU ENGL 1100 and CMNS 1290 with a minimum B.
Quantitative and computing skills
Applicants must have adequate quantitative and/or computing skills in the opinion of the TRU MBA Committee. Adequate quantitative skills include a strong background in algebra and statistics. Adequate computing skills include having a strong background in word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
Students who do not have adequate quantitative and/or computing skills in the opinion of the MBA Committee may be asked to take specified undergraduate upgrading courses.
All applicants who meet the entrance requirements for the program will be accepted, pending availability of space.
Optional supplementary components
Applicants wishing to enhance their application package may include one or more of the following optional components below.
- GMAT or GRE — A GMAT and/or a GRE score is not required for admission but will be accepted.
- Work Experience — TRU does not require a minimum length of professional work experience for admission; however, prior work experience is highly recommended.
- References — Academic and work experience references are not required to be included in your admissions package but will be accepted.
Final application deadlines
- September intake: May 1
- January intake: Oct. 1 (International applications are now closed for the January 2020 intake)
- May intake: Feb. 1
Note: International students are encouraged to apply early to allow sufficient time or study permit processing.
At TRU, we review MBA program applications as they are received up until the deadline for the intake requested. The MBA admissions committee makes all admission decisions. You will generally be notified within four to six weeks after receipt of your completed application as to whether or not you have been accepted into the program and if you are waived from any Foundation courses.