All applicants who meet the entrance requirements will have their educational background reviewed by the admissions committee to determine placement in the two-year MBA program or the one-year MBA program. Individual course waivers at the Foundation level may also be granted at the committee's discretion.
Placement in the one-year MBA program is highly selective and generally only granted to recent graduates of recognized business degrees completed in North America.
An acceptable three- or four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum B average (GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.33 or local equivalent) in the last 60 credits.
Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree at an English language university in a country where English is the primary language must have one of the following:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 587 with a TWE of 5.0 or higher (paper-based test), or minimum score of 94 with no section below 20 (IBT), or
- A minimum academic IELTS score of 7.0 (with no band below 6.5), or
- Completion of TRU ENGL 1100 and CMNS 1290 with a minimum B.
Quantitative and computing skills
Applicants must have adequate quantitative and/or computing skills in the opinion of the TRU MBA Committee. Adequate quantitative skills include a strong background in algebra and statistics. Adequate computing skills include having a strong background in word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
Students who do not fully meet the education or language requirements, or do not have adequate quantitative and/or computing skills in the opinion of the admissions committee, may be asked to take specified undergraduate upgrading courses.
Optional supplementary components
Applicants wishing to enhance their application package may include one or more of the following optional components below.
- GMAT or GRE — A GMAT and/or a GRE score is not required for admission but will be accepted.
- Work experience — TRU does not require a minimum length of professional work experience for admission; however, prior work experience is highly recommended.
- References — Academic and work experience references are not required to be included in your admissions package but will be accepted.
Final application deadlines
- September intake: May 1
- January intake: Oct. 1
- May intake: Feb. 1