CPA Grade Requirement
Effective January 1, 2015, a minimum grade of 50 per cent is required for non-core pre-requisites, which consist of:
- Introductory Financial Accounting;
- Introductory Management Accounting;
- Quantitative Methods;
- Business Law; and
- Information Technology
A minimum grade of 60 per cent is required for core courses, defined as all other pre-requisite courses except those identified as a non-core course. If a course is not clearly included as a non-core course it defaults to a core course.
Please be aware, a 65 per cent overall average is required for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). Until January 1, 2017, there are two standards for calculating a 65 per cent overall average and the standard that is most advantageous to the student will be applied:
- A passing grade or 60 per cent, whichever is higher in each applicable core course; and
- A passing grade or 50 per cent, whichever is higher, in each applicable non-core course; and
- A minimum GPA requirement of 65 per cent or equivalent as calculated by averaging grades across all of a student’s core courses.
Standard 2 (until December 31, 2016):
- A passing grade or 60 per cent, whichever is higher in each applicable course, core and non-core; and
- A minimum GPA of 65 per cent or equivalent as calculated by averaging grades across all of a student’s passed courses covering the required subject matter for entry into the CPA PEP.