Where we’re headed | 2021-2025
We aspire to lead the way in connecting the British Columbia Interior to the world through experiential education and high-quality research. We are committed to this vision and to preparing regional, national and international learners to excel in both their workplaces and communities.
- Learning: We believe in lifelong learning and aim for excellence in teaching and research. We engage with and collaborate with the community to offer experiential learning that sets our students and our faculty up for success.
- Professionalism: We are committed to academic integrity, accountability, challenging ourselves and our students, ethical behaviour, hard work and effective engagement.
- Respect: Our differences are our strengths and we engage thoughtfully with each other, the community and the environment.
Our Strategic Change Priorities
The world is changing quickly. Universities like ours are important centres of research and innovation, and it’s important that we prepare our students and ourselves to lead the next wave of socially and environmentally responsible organizations. Here’s how we aim to do that:
- Embed a supportive research environment in our culture and make our research known.
- Build the culture and infrastructure necessary to support teaching innovation and enhance the student experience while ensuring our students are offered expanded opportunities for high-quality experiential learning and academic and career support.
- Respond to the Truth and Reconciliation Commisson’s Calls to Action, advancing our understanding of and efforts in Indigenization while collaborating with more Indigenous business communities.
- Achieving and maintaining an internationally recognized accreditation.
- Demonstrate our commitment to sustainability through teaching, learning and research, and being an active partner in TRU’s Campus Strategic Sustainability Plan.
Work is already well underway and we’re proud of where we’re headed. Read the full strategic plan.