Congratulations on your bursary, scholarship or award! Donors who fund student awards appreciate knowing first-hand that their donation is having a positive impact in the life of a student.
Please use this form to write a thank-you letter to the donor who funded your award. We encourage you to allow TRU to share your email address with the donor (please checkmark the box below). This gives the donor the ability to connect personally with their recipient and can be a great networking opportunity for you!
Alternatively, you can create a 'Thank You' video and attach by sharing a link to a video posted on other platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Your letter will be received by the TRU Advancement office for transmittal to the donor. If you are a recipient of multiple awards, please send a separate letter for each award.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
You can include:
- Information about yourself: Background, hometown, family, etc.
- Why you picked TRU
- What winning this award means to you
- Your future educational/career goals
- Use formal salutations (Mr., Mrs., etc.)
- Don’t be afraid to show your personality
- Say THANK YOU again
- Check for spelling and grammar