Thank Your Donor
Many of the bursaries, scholarships and awards students receive at Thompson Rivers University are made possible through the generosity and kindness of our numerous donors. Most donors appreciate knowing first-hand that their donation is having a positive impact in the life of a real student.
Please write a thank-you email to your award donor. Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the subject line states the following: Thank You, Award Description, from: FirstName, LastName, ID
Example: Thank You, TRU Award, Bob Smith, T00123456
Your email will be received by the Foundation office for transmittal to the donor. If you are a recipient of multiple awards, please send a separate email for each donor contact.
- Your name and the name of the specific award (mandatory)
- Information about yourself: program of study, hometown, family background, etc.
- Why you picked TRU
- What winning this award means to you in helping you start or continue your university education
- Your future educational/career goals
- Be sincere.
- Use formal salutations (Mr., Mrs., etc.).
- Don’t be afraid to show your personality.
- Say THANK YOU again.
- Spell the donor’s name correctly?
- Include the title of the specific award?
- Made sure you had no spelling or grammatical errors?
To help students we have provided two Thank You Samples. These samples are only a guide to help you compose your message; your message does not have to follow this format.