Strong Interest Inventory
The Strong Interest Inventory is a career planning instrument that measures a person's interests in a wide range of occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities and types of people. It is an online form that produces a personalized report that identifies optimum career choices based on the person's interests and includes additional related occupations with concise job descriptions. It is available to TRU students only.
The cost for the Strong Interest Inventory is $40 + HST.
The Strong Interest Inventory must be interpreted by a trained professional, therefore all clients must meet with a TRU counsellor to utilize this assessment.
- Meet with a TRU counsellor to determine if this is a suitable assessment for you.
- Obtain a payment form from the counselling office or the Assessment Centre and pay fee.
- Present payment receipt to the Assessment Centre.
- An account will be set up and an email will be sent to you with a user name and password. Once you have completed the online SII, the Assessment Centre is automatically notified by email that the assessment has been completed.
- These forms are usually scored and the reports are forwarded to the Counselling office within two to three business days.
- Arrange an appointment with the TRU counsellor to review the report.