ACCUPLACER Testing for Admission
The ACCUPLACER system consists of six main tests presented in a computer-adaptive mode. All tests are untimed except for WritePlacer, which has a one-hour limit. Basic calculators are permitted for all testing.
When does the ACCUPLACER take place?
Testing sessions take place every Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. at TRU Kamloops. For students living outside Kamloops, the ACCUPLACER test can be completed off-campus.
How can I prepare for the ACCUPLACER?
- Determine what tests you will be writing (see table below).
- Review detailed ACCUPLACER test descriptions. For more information and sample questions, please refer to the College Board ACCUPLACER website.
How much does the ACCUPLACER cost to write?
A $35 entry assessment testing fee must be paid before test results will be processed.
How do I register for the ACCUPLACER? What happens next?
- Register to write the ACCUPLACER and pay the testing fee through our online registration system.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER entry assessment on the established date. For the testing session, you must bring picture ID and a copy of your payment receipt.
- After completing the entry assessment tests, you will be given a copy of your results.
- An assessed copy of your results will be forwarded to the Admissions Office and/or the chairperson or lead instructor of the appropriate program.
- The entry assessment test scores are valid for one year.
What if I need to rewrite the ACCUPLACER?
You may rewrite one or more of the ACCUPLACER tests after your initial attempt. It is highly recommended that you spend several weeks reviewing the subject matter before attempting the rewrite. If your scores on the rewrite still do not meet the program requirements, before you can attempt a subsequent rewrite, you must submit documentation indicating successful participation in an upgrading course or tutoring program (click here for a copy of the intervention form), or wait until at least one year has passed since the last testing session. The fee for a rewrite is $25.
What scores do I need on the ACCUPLACER, and how do I interpret the scores?
|Aboriginal Health Career||65||60||4||55||30|
|Applied Business Technology||75||70||—||—||—|
|Applied Sustainable Ranching||85||80||6||65||40|
|Business Diploma in Management||—||—||—||85||60|
Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic
|First Year English (English 1100)||85||80||6||—||—|
— Culinary Arts
— Retail Meat Processing
|Health Care Assistant||65||60||4||—||—|
— Automotive Service Technician
— Instrumentation Mechanic (Millwright)
— Heavy Mechanical
Note: these scores are based on a variety of validity studies and may change after subsequent studies.
For more information, contact the TRU Assessment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.