ACCUPLACER Testing for Admission
The ACCUPLACER systems (Classic and Next Generation) consist of six main tests presented in a computer-adaptive mode. All tests are untimed except for WritePlacer, which has a one-hour limit. Basic calculators are permitted for all testing.
When does the ACCUPLACER testing take place?
Testing sessions take place every Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. at TRU Kamloops. For students living outside Kamloops, the ACCUPLACER test can be completed off-campus.
How can I prepare for the ACCUPLACER?We are transitioning from the Classic tests to the Next Generation. As of October 1, 2018, the Next Generation will be the primary test, but the Classic will be available for rewrites.
How much does the ACCUPLACER cost to write?
A $37 entry assessment testing fee must be paid before test results will be processed.
How do I register for the ACCUPLACER? What happens next?
- Register to write the ACCUPLACER and pay the testing fee through our online registration system.
- You must bring picture ID to the ACCUPLACER entry assessment on the established date to complete your test.
- After completing the entry assessment tests, you will be given a copy of your results.
- An assessed copy of your results will be forwarded to the Admissions Office and/or the chairperson or lead instructor of the appropriate program.
- The entry assessment test scores are valid for one year.
What if I need to rewrite the ACCUPLACER?
You may rewrite one or more of the ACCUPLACER tests after your initial attempt. It is highly recommended that you spend several weeks reviewing the subject matter before attempting the rewrite. If your scores on the rewrite still do not meet the program requirements, before you can attempt a subsequent rewrite, you must submit documentation indicating successful participation in an upgrading course or tutoring program (click here for a copy of the intervention form), or wait until at least one year has passed since the last testing session. The fee for a rewrite is $25.
What scores do I need on the ACCUPLACER, and how do I interpret the scores?