Students in the BA program, who are registered in a Major program, may complete at the same time a Minor program in most Arts and Science subjects. A minor in English demonstrates advanced writing, reading, and critical thinking skills, and is a valuable credential for students in all TRU majors.
To complete a Minor a student must include in the 120 credits required for the degree at least 30 credits and no more than 42 credits in a single subject or field of specialization other than that of the Major. At least eighteen of these credits must be in courses numbered 300 or above.Download the brochure (Word document)
- Six credits of ENGL 1100, 1110, 1120, 1140, or 1210
- Six credits of second-year English courses:
- ENGL 2110 (Required)
- Three credits from the following list: 2040, 2120, 2140, 2150, 2160, 2170, 2180, 2190, 2200, 2210, 2240, 2250, 2260, 2270, 2400, 2410
- At least 18 credits of 3000 and 4000 level English courses.
- No more than 3 of the 18 credits can be chosen from the following list: 3070-3110, 3200, 3270-3280, 3330, 3340, 3360, 3370-3390, 4760, 4970.
How do I register?
Details about making an appointment with an English Advisor will be posted on the English Department bulletin board on the second floor of the Arts and Education building, or contact the Chair of the Advising Committee, Karen Hofmann, AE 345, email@example.com, 250-377-6016, or the Chair of English and Modern Languages, Dr. George Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Whenever possible, a faculty advisor will act as a “mentor” or counsellor from the time you enter the program until you graduate.