Associate of Arts Degree (AA)
In this two-year, undergraduate program, graduates receive an Associate of Arts degree.
The associate degree is designed to provide an educational experience that lays a solid foundation for further study. Students are required to complete a broad range of course offerings balanced with in-depth study in science. Since many students continue their studies, the requirements are sufficiently flexible to enable you to complete the required prerequisites for upper level course work in your intended major.
- BC Grade 12 or Adult Dogwood or Mature student status.
- Mathematics 11 or higher is strongly recommended for students pursuing an Education degree or a major in geography, sociology or psychology.
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples with a minimum of 73 percent within the last five years. Students who do not present one of these courses will have to complete one of the following prerequisites to qualify for ENGL 1100:
- Level 5, on the composition section of the Language Proficiency Index (within the last two years); OR Completion of English 0600; OR
- Completion of ESAL 0570 and ESAL 0580 with a grade of C+ or better
To ensure a good selection of courses, it is recommended that applicants apply as soon as possible after Oct. 1.
Timetabling and registration workshops are available for help in determining courses required. Applicants can also take advantage of the Step One and Group Advising sessions offered throughout the school year to help make the process of applying and determining program requirements easier to understand. Please contact Academic Advising at 250-828-5075 or email@example.com for more information.