Financial Aid and Awards
TRU offers a comprehensive range of programs to both assist students in financing their educational and living costs and to recoginze academic excellence. Financial support can be a combination of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans and grants.
TRU Williams Lake offers scholarships and awards that are specific to the Williams Lake Campus. These awards can be found at Student Awards and Financial Support.
TRU Grit Entrance Awards
Please note: 2017 applications for this award are now open!
TRU Grit is a group of local community members in Williams Lake committed to supporting post-secondary education in the Cariboo. Every year they hold a gala, with all proceeds from the event going towards Scholarships and Awards for students planning on attending the TRU Williams Lake Campus.
This year, there are six awards available-$2,000 for full-time students and $1,000 for part-time students-to be given out to post-secondary students who have recently graduated high school and mature students looking to further their education. To apply for this award, please download the TRU Grit Entrance Award Application.
To be eligible for the TRU Grit Entrance Award, applicants must:
- Be a student attending a full-time or part-time post-secondary program at Thompson Rivers University - Williams Lake Campus. First-time students will be given priority, but all applications will be considered
- Hold a 70 percent average or better in two Grade 12 semesters
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Students who demonstrate a financial need will be given a higher priority
- Students who have received other TRU Entrance Awards are not eligible for this award
The awards will be applied as a tuition reduction of $1,000 at the start of classes in the Fall 2017 semester. The remaining $1,000 will be applied as a tuition reduction for the Winter 2018 semester.
The application deadline is May 26, 2017.