A complete application must be submitted. All supporting documents must be included before the deadline of March 31, 2018 for the class of September 2018. Applications mailed or couriered on the deadline date must be clearly Post Marked.
The application should include evidence of meeting all program admission requirements. A complete application includes
- Official Ministry of Education final high school transcript (within the last two years)
- Current high school students: Grade 11 official transcript AND a certified current interim Grade 12 transcript for evidence of courses in progress
- Mature students upgrading admission requirements: submit official transcripts indicating evidence of courses completed or courses in progress as well as interim grades from the appropriate instructor
- Post-secondary students: submit official transcript(s) indicating evidence of completed courses or courses in progress that meet admission requirements *TRU students do not need to submit a TRU transcript
Applicants are responsible for seeing that all the required documents from other institutions or agencies are received by the TRU Williams Lake Admissions Office. All official documentation must be issued within two years of application and must be received in sealed envelopes from the issuing institution.
International student applications can be found on the International Students Admissions page.
If you applied, but were not accepted into the program last year, you must re-apply and submit a new complete application package to the Admissions Office no later than March 31, 2018.
Selective Admission Process
- A selective admission process is used to determine admission to Year 1 of the PN program by the PN Selection Committee
- During this process, applicants are assessed on their academic performance of the admission requirements, along with other academic performance, including high school and post-secondary grades. Applications with strong academic performance/grades will be considered for admission. Only completed applications will be considered for ranking
- TRU Admissions will notify all reviewed applicants in April whether they have been “Accepted,” “Waitlisted” or “Not Accepted”. Applicants have the right to appeal ranking decisions, appeal procedures are described in the Academic Information section of the TRU Calendar
- You will be contacted within 2 - 3 weeks to confirm your application has been received
- Once Admissions has reviewed your application and applicable supporting documets, they will notify you about the admission decision
- Students who are admitted will be required to pay a commitment fee of $500 prior to registration in courses