Need to Know
All students must understand the points below:
1. All international students pay a flat fee tuition up to 12 credits (approximately 4 courses) plus general fees. Additional courses at $500 per credit "plus general fees". The only exceptions when you can pay per course are:
- In the last year of your program if you need less than four classes to graduate.
- In the summer semester because it is not always possible to take four classes.
- Tuition must be paid in full before you can register for classes. The only exception is that you can register for Winter semester classes at the same time as you register for Fall semester classes. However, you will be deregistered from your Winter classes if you don’t pay your tuition by November 1st.
- You are in a Post-Baccalaureate program.
2. If you want to defer your studies to a later semester you must tell us before the first day of classes, otherwise your tuition will be forfeited.
3. TRU does not refund tuition unless your visa/study permit was denied.
4. In order to work while studying you must be studying full time. At TRU that means at least three classes.
5. The law in British Columbia says that everyone must have medical insurance. It is your responsibility to make sure you have insurance and have paid for it. However, to help you when you first arrive, TRU will register you for private medical insurance and charge the cost to your TRU account. You are able to opt out of the insurance if you have purchased your own insurance.
For more information on fees and deadlines, please click here.
For additional information on medical insurance, please click here.