ACE IT Foundation Trades Training
This is an innovative partnership between TRU, BC School Districts and independent schools, bridging secondary and post-secondary education and training while enhancing transition to the workforce. These programs allow Grade 10 students to apply for a ACE-IT Foundation Training program at TRU in their Grade 12 year.
Students earn dual credit — post secondary and secondary school course credit at the same time. Students who take a Trades program in their Grade 12 year earn dual credit, attend tuition free, and graduate high school with more skills and more training in their pocket.
ACE IT is not only a great deal, but also an opportunity to have job-ready skills and a career before graduating high school.
Benefits of attending an ACE IT foundation program
- Each ACE IT trades program is tuition free. (See the current ACE IT application for details as some fees apply.)
- Students earn 20-28 Grade 12 elective credits, a TRU Foundation Certificate, as well as credit towards the first-year technical training as an apprentice all in one year or less.
- Get a jump-start into a great career.
ACE IT students can choose from the following trades offered at TRU:
- Automotive service technician
- Heavy duty equipment technician
- Transport trailer technician
- Parts and warehousing person
- Welding Level C
Culinary Arts Training
- Professional cook
- Meat cutter/retail meat
- Electrician, construction
- Electrician - instrumentation and control technician
- Cabinet maker (joiner)
- Plumbing - steamfitter / pipefitter
Did you know?
Many of our programs work with the community, locally and internationally. For example:
- Carpentry, electrical and plumbing programs take part in the creation of the YMCA Dream Home.
- Carpentry and joinery take part in the Habitat for Humanity home.
- Students in the foundation electrical program have the opportunity to spend two weeks in Mexico installing solar panels in a community without electricity.
These are priceless opportunities to enhance your training and experience!
Not sure which program is for you?
Contact us for your own personal School of Trades and Technology tour, for a group tour or for Program SHADOW. We are flexible in meeting your needs.
For more information about Ace IT Youth Programs, contact:
* Note: ACE IT Foundation Training has also been called Career Technical Training (CTC), Entry Level Trades Training (ELTT) or pre-apprenticeship (pre-app) trades training in the past — they all mean the same thing — and generally give credit for the first level of technical training for apprenticeship.