All applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements for the program option or stream they are applying for. However, the program has become very competitive, so acceptance most often requires exceeding them. These educational requirements should have preferably been obtained within the last five years.
General requirements for all applicants
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status for those not born in Canada. *
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions attended.
- Attendance at a program info session. **
- CPR-C with AED certification course offerings: Heart and Stroke.
- Complete immunization record (upon program acceptance).
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) consent form (upon program acceptance).
Documents 1-4 need to be submitted with the application or ASAP. Only completed applications will be processed. Once you are conditionally accepted into the program, you will receive the Immunization Record form and the CRC Consent form. These should be submitted ASAP, but will need to be submitted within one month of entry into the program.
* International students may apply, but they first need to apply to International Registration.
** Out-of-province applicants or applicants unable to attend a program info session: contact Linda Mueller to make alternative arrangements.
Education completed outside Canada
Students who are a landed immigrant of Canada or a Canadian citizen, but whose high school or post-secondary education was not completed in Canada, and are interested in applying to the RT program, should complete the following prior to applying:
- TOEFL, IELTS or the Language Proficiency test (see TRU's English Language Proficiency Requirements for Academic Study
- An assessment of your credentials by an international credential assessment agency