TRU Chemistry Contest for CHEM 11 and CHEM 12 Students
May 17, 2017
How's your chemistry?
Since May 1997 TRU (UCC) has been offering annual written tests as a Chemistry Contest based on the BC chemistry curriculum for Chemistry 11 and Chemistry 12 students.
Local CHEM 11 students can also participate with our Laboratory Experience at TRU!
Check it out and win prizes!
Direction for students traveling to Kamloops: Day's schedule and campus map
- Students: consult your teacher about participating
- Chemistry 11 students: If you are near Kamloops, you may also request to write the contest at and take part in the Chemistry Laboratory Experience!
|TRU Kamloops||Doug Bickleyemail@example.com|
- Teachers: if you have not received information in previous years please contact us
Samples of previous contests are available below as pdf files:
There are a number of other Chemistry tests available for high school students to participate in. You may find information by accessing the links below:
- Canadian Chemistry Contest: designed for the the top 10% of students in high school chemistry who are in grade 12 chemistry or who have completed grade 12 chemistry
- Canadian Chemistry Olympiad: for the very top high school chemistry students who are in grade 12 chemistry or who have completed grade 12 chemistry, used to select team for International Chemistry Olympiad
- Avagadro Exam: for any students completing their first high school chemistry course (grade 11)
- Chem 13 News Exam: used to select candidates for University of Waterloo scholarships
The 2017 Contests
The 2017 contests were held on Wednesday, May 17th with prizes being awarded to the top students at each grade level, and the top student from each school. 1797 students wrote the Chemistry 11 contest and 678 students wrote the Chemistry 12 contest.
For a complete list of winning schools and accompanying pictures, go to 2017 TRU Chemistry Contest Results