Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic Foundation
The industrial instrument mechanic installs and maintains process monitoring and control instruments required for the automation of industrial processes. These include indicators, recorders, controllers, transmitters and final control elements using electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic energy forms.
Employed by maintenance departments of factories, mines, mills, ship yards, petrochemical and many other industrial enterprises.
- BC Grade 12 or equivalent.
- English 12.
- Mathematics 11 with good Algebra skills (equivalent to Applications of Math 11 or Principles of Math 11).
- Strongly recommended Physics 11 with a C+ or better (67 percent).
- Placement on the entry assessment test for English at an 060 level.
- Placement on the entry assessment test for Math at an 060 level.
Specific questions about this program?