Cellular, Molecular and Microbial Biology Major
Obtain extensive exposure to the cutting edge of modern biology focusing on biology at the smallest scale. Build a strong foundation in all aspects of biology before specializing in biochemical techniques, regulation of gene expression, biotechnology, and microbiology. The program involves extensive laboratory experiences.
Graduates have gone on to successful careers in medicine, veterinary medicine, medical genetics, university, elementary and high school teaching, dentistry, wildlife biology, physiotherapy, pharmacy, biotechnology, chiropractic, optometry, microbiology, conservation and land management, marine biology, toxicology, bioengineering, molecular biology and more.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or Mature Student Status
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 73% (B)
- Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Biology 11 or Biology 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+) (not required for majors in computing, mathematics or physics)
- Chemistry 11 or 12(or equivalent)
- Physics 11 or 12(or equivalent)
Specific questions about this program?
International student with specific questions about this program?