Animal Health Technology
Interact daily with a menagerie of small animals and gain experience with livestock, wildlife and birds as a veterinary technician, assisting veterinarians and veterinary scientists. The AHT program gives you the skills to work in diagnostic testing, radiography, medical procedures, office protocol, animal nursing, anesthesia, and surgical assistance.
Although most graduates are employed in private veterinary practices, positions may be obtained in the emerging biotechnical fields, animal shelters, zoological parks and other animal oriented areas in the public and private sectors.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 67% (C+)
- Foundations of Mathematics 11 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Biology 11 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Chemistry 11 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- One grade 12 science (or equivalent) 67% (C+), Biology recommended
- 80 hours orientation at a veterinary facility (working, volunteering or observing)
- Three references
Specific questions about this program?