Animal Biology Major
Study animals in an ecological and evolutionary context. Learn all aspects of biology before specializing in animal and ecological areas in marine and terrestrial environments. The program involves extensive field and laboratory experiences.
Graduates have gone on to successful careers in medicine, veterinary medicine, medical genetics, university, elementary and high school teaching, dentistry, wildlife biology, physiotherapy, pharmacy, biotechnology, chiropractic, optometry, microbiology, conservation and land management, marine biology, toxicology, bioengineering, molecular biology and more.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or Mature Student Status
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 73% (B)
- Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+)
- Biology 11 or Biology 12 (or equivalent) 67% (C+) (not required for majors in computing, mathematics or physics)
- Chemistry 11 or 12(or equivalent)
- Physics 11 or 12(or equivalent)
Specific questions about this program?
International student with specific questions about this program?