Students who are living beyond the Kamloops transit service may now qualify for a 20% discount on semester and annual parking passes.
To receive this discount:
1. Follow the procedure to opt-out of the UPASS, as stated on the TRUSU UPASS page. They will require multiple documents.
2. Once successfuly withdrawn from the UPASS program, simply head up to the TRU Parking Office and ask for the UPASS Parking Discount. Your UPASS status will be verified online, and you will be given the option to buy a discounted semester or annual parking pass.
Users must clearly display a valid daily ticket or a valid long-term parking permit.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Monday to Friday
Except for: statutory holidays (reading break and exam dates are not considered holidays), or days that TRU is officially closed.
Vehicles not clearly displaying a valid daily ticket or parking permit will be subject to a ticket and/or towing without warning at the owner's risk and expense. e-Permit holders aren't required to display anything.
|Half-day permit (4 hours) 1||Daily permit 1||Weekly e-Permit 3||10-week e-Permit 3||16-week e-Permit (semester) 3||Annual permit (Sept. 1 - Aug. 21)|
|Lot E||$3||Same as above||Same as above||Same as above||Same as above|
|Lot N 2||$3||$4||$200 (only valid in Lot N) 2|
|Specific reserved space 4||$1050 2|
1. Ticket acquired through a ticket dispenser in most student lots (except for half-day, which is only for Lot E), and must be displayed on dashboard; face-up on the driver's side.
Alternatively, instead of paying at a dispenser, a day pass can be purchased through the PayByPhone website or app. Or call their hotline for a $0.25 service fee (more info on signs in each parking lot).
2. Must apply in-person at the Parking Office.
3. Apply online by clicking the link on the dollar value in the table above. Additional $0.75 fee applies. No display on dash required. E-Permits are not valid in metered/visitor parking lots (Lots K, P, i, and V). Print the last page of the e-Permit application to keep as your receipt. Call the Parking Office if changing vehicles that the e-Permit is attached to.
4. Must apply in-person at the Parking Office.
Notes that apply to all:
No person shall occupy a parked vehicle on campus overnight, regardless of whether a valid parking permit is displayed. Overnight parking is only allowed in Lot N and Lot M, unless otherwise approved by the Parking Office.
No refunds or cancellations.
Any difficulty encountered with ticket dispensing machines should be reported immediately to the Parking Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-828-5368