120 credits required.
75 transfer credits to the BScN program are to be awarded for a diploma in nursing.
45 credits to be achieved post-diploma and may consist of the following:
- Maximum 12 Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition (PLAR) Credits
- Maximum of 22.5 credits transferred from an accredited Post-Secondary Institution.
- Maximum 9 credits (based on individual assessment) from Canadian Nurses Association Certification Program or like professional credentialing institutions.
- 15 of 45 post-diploma credits are to be at the fourth year level.
Due to curriculum revisions in the BScN program the 19 core credits for the Post-Diploma BScN degree will undergo minor changes.
All credits earned towards Post-Diploma BScN degree must be at the 3000 to 4000 University Transfer level.
Credit will be granted towards the degree when course grade is a C+ (or 2.33 GPA standing) or better.
The post-diploma credits are to consist of the following 19 core credit courses (or equivalent courses):
- NURS 3170 Reflections on Caring Practice
- NURS 3500 Health Promotion and Community Development
- NURS 3510 Nursing Practice
- NURS 3600 Nursing Research
- NURS 4300 Nurses Influencing Change
- HLSC 3830 Global Health
Complimentary credit courses are to be comprised:
- 20 credits of nursing or health science courses (3000+)
- 6 credits electives (3000+level) which may be non-nursing/health science