» back to all 'Career Opportunities'
(AUXILIARY/ON-CALL) Research Associate - Institutional Planning & Analysis
This posting is in effect from January 18, 2013 to January 31, 2013, closing at 4:30 pm.
*Please quote the competition number listed above in the subject line of your email.
Please be advised that effective February 4, 2013, there are one or more auxiliary/on-call positions available for a Research Associate – Institutional Planning & Analysis. This position will be filled on an as required, on-call basis.
Supports the Research Analyst team to provide accurate, timely, impartial and reliable information from internal and external sources to support planning and decision making at a variety of levels across the university.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles data, enters data, performs basic statistical procedures, prepares research materials, finalizes and distributes research reports.
- In collaboration with the Research Analyst team designs and administers web based surveys, key data, conduct analysis, compile and print reports.
- Assists the Research Analyst team to conduct research projects and reports results with descriptive and inferential statistics and makes recommendations with regards to follow up research.
- Conducts literature reviews and searches and summarizes relevant literature.
- Examines documents, assists in data collection for various research and evaluation projects.
- Assists with cleaning, analyzing, and reporting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Manipulates complex databases required for research and reporting.
- Conducts ongoing data validation to support institutional data integrity.
- Assists in the production of institutional reports such as the TRU Fact Book and Accountability Plan & Report.
- In collaboration with the Research Analyst team, prepares management information reports that communicate analyses and research findings to internal and external audiences in a manner that is clear, concise and appropriate to the audience, which may include the design and delivery of presentations.
- Responds to data and information requests in collaboration with the Research Analyst team.
- Grade 12 plus a degree in an appropriate analytical discipline (such as economics, sociology, management sciences, computing or accounting), with specialized courses in statistics and research methodology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two (2) years’ related experience
- Experience designing and conducting research, including survey methodology and knowledge of statistical techniques (quantitative and qualitative) and their application to educational and survey research
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access in a windows environment at an advanced level
- Experience in gathering, synthesizing, evaluating and interpreting information
- Demonstrated experience with basic project management
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently
- Ability to be courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to coordinate a number of complex data management projects simultaneously
- Record keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to work with data dictionaries and use computer applications to manipulate data and produce statistical reports and analyses
- Familiarity with survey software such as Voivici
- Familiarity with analytical software such as SPSS
- Knowledge of provincial post-secondary reporting and accountability systems
- Understanding of BC higher education system
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to design and deliver presentations
- Familiarity with structured query language and HTML
· Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time; general office conditions
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists. The rate for this position at 100% is $24.31: at 90%, the rate is $21.88 per hour.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
A complete resume outlining your qualifications and experience along with names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references must be submitted during the posting period via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the competition number in the subject line when applying.
» back to all 'Career Opportunities'
- Please submit a separate application for each competition.
- Only attachments in the following formats will be accepted: Word (.doc, .docx), PDF, Text (.txt), Excel (.xls, .xlsx). Paper and/or faxed applications will no longer be considered.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.