The TRU Foundation raises and manages funds to provide scholarships, bursaries and special needs funding to support students in post secondary education and training.
Thompson Rivers University Foundation
The Thompson Rivers University (TRU) Foundation is a registered society under the statutes of the Province of British Columbia and can issue charitable donation receipts to all of its donors.
A gift to the TRU Foundation is an investment in the future of higher education. The Foundation provides funds for the financial support of TRU students and TRU's programs and projects. The Foundation serves as the manager and trustee of funds invested in the Foundation's Endowment Fund, which currently stands at $12.5 million.
Why your gift matters
- Education is a bridge to a better life and builds stronger communities.
- Every year hundreds of TRU students rely on a financial award from the TRU Foundation. These awards can be the difference between continuing with their studies or dropping out of classes.
- Your financial gift gives you the opportunity to have a profound impact in the lives of students and in your community.
- Foundation Endowment Investment Policy
- For donations made after March 20, 2013, qualifying first time donors may receive an additional federal tax credit of 25% on the first $1,000 of monetary donations, over and above the amounts provided in the first calculation below. For details, go to First-Time Donor's Super Credit.
How you Can Give
There are many ways to support the Foundation including donations, annual gifts, endowments, gifts-in-kind and planned giving.
- You can give online with our secure donation form
- You can also use one of our printable donation forms
- TRU Staff and Faculty can participate in the Payroll Lottery
- Use this calculator to see the Income Tax credit you will receive when making a donation to TRU