Hire a Student
The Career Education Department has access to a large student talent pool who are interested in part-time or casual work. Employers are encouraged to create an account in our online database Career Connections to easily post your open position. Alternatively, employers may send an email to the Career Education Department and we will post your opportunity to Symplicity. Please include:
- Contact name, email or phone number
- Number of hours you will need the student
- What the job entails
- Wage (can be negotiable if you are unsure.)
Students who are interested will then contact you directly.
Attend the TRU Job Fair
Each year, TRU hosts a job fair that attracts between 40 and 60 employers, and about 1200 students! This is an excellent opportunity to meet students face-to-face and showcase your organization. Find out more information about next year's job fair here.
Co-operative Education is an academic program that blends on-campus learning with practical applied learning. Thompson Rivers University's Co-op Program links highly motivated students with employers in various fields. Co-op students have the opportunity to alternate their study terms with paid, professional work terms in industry. Co-op is a flexible, cost-effective partnership between employers, educators and students.
View more about the Co-op Program
Wage Subsidy Programs
The wage subsidy program provides temporary wage subsidies to employers who hire and provide work experience and skills enhancement of eligible program candidates. To be eligible for the Wage Subsidy Program, BC employers must:
To be eligible for the Wage Subsidy program, employers must:
- Be a registered business with a legal business name and number
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Have an open position that is normally part of ongoing business operations
- Confirm that the client would not have been hired without a wage subsidy
- Offer a full-time position (minimum of 35 hours per week)
- Offer the likelihood of long-term employment
- Pay a reasonable, competitive wage