"Cplul’kw’ten" - The Gathering Place
Cplul’kw’ten is a friendly and inviting Aboriginal centre that provides information on all aspects of university life and doubles as space to socialize, study or just take a break from your day. It is truly a home away from home.
Students receive assistance in finding services on campus, supporting band funding applications, exploring academic support options such as tutoring or locating housing and off-campus amenities. They also receive support from the established Elder in the House Program and often gather in the lounge or backyard BBQ area for social or ceremonial events.
Students can also take advantage of workshops on study skills and wellness, one-to-one counselling, librarian services, on-site computers, as well as a kitchen and lounge area.
- On site computers
- Kitchen and lounge area
- Assistance in locating basic facilities such as: housing, daycare, transportation etc.
- Assistance with writing papers, assignments and readings
- Assistance applying for bursaries and scholarships
- Assistance with band funding applications
- Academic support options such as tutoring
- Library outreach program
- Various free seminars such as: life online, money matters and many more!
Health & Wellness
- Advocates for students on important issues such as discrimination and harassment.
- On site counselling 3 days a week. Counselling available all week long in the Old Main building.
- Social support system to enhance the sense of community.
- Potlucks, social events and fun games are just some of the things to look forward to at Cplul’kw’ten.
|Supervisor, Services for Aboriginal Students||Joanne Brown||250-371-5972|
|Learning Strategist - Aboriginal Transitions||Melody Markle||250-371-5854|
|Aboriginal Mentor & Community Coordinator||Vernie Clement||250-852-7838|
|Learning Strategist - Aboriginal Liaison||Shawna Walker||250-371-5508|
|Aboriginal Counselling||Skylar Sitka Sage||250-828-5027|