Academic Progression Exemption Guidelines and Steps
Academic Progression Exemption Guidelines
Exemptions to ED 3-2 will be considered once the student has completed an Satisfactory Academic Progression Exemption Application Package in consultation with a Student Service professional. This Application Exemption Package must address the student’s academic ability, intent, and readiness for success. Specifically the package and accompanying documents must identify the student’s:
- Academic goal and pathways to achieve this goal.
- Current eligibility (academic eligibility within their discipline of choice and if applicable, International student eligibility).
- Tangible changes to the student’s individual circumstances that address their academic challenges
Academic Progression Exemption Steps
- Review TRU's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy ED 3-2
- Ensure you are able to access your myTRU account and print out an unofficial copy of your myTRU transcript.
- Obtain unofficial copies of your high school transcript and any additional post-secondary transcripts.
- Book an appointment to meet with one or more of the following TRU Student Service providers to complete an Academic Readiness Plan:
- Submit your completed Academic Progression Exemption application to the Registrar's Office. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Academic Progression Exemption Applications will be accepted until August 1.